The Muscogee County Democratic Committee wants to help their friends in Talbot County after the horrific tornadoes last weekend. After consulting with the County on their specific needs, we will be conducting a Personal Hygiene Items Drive this weekend with items to be delivered on Monday, March 11.
Please bring your donations to Cafe Le Rue in The Landings, 2523 Airport Thruway, Columbus, between Friday, March 8, 5:30 pm and Sunday, March 10, at 3 pm. There will be a collection bin at the restaurant, which owner Vikas Chilkuri was kind enough to offer! Suggested items include:
- Toothbrushes / Toothpaste
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Tampons / Pads
- Any NEW hygiene items are welcome!
We want to get these items to Talbot County quickly, hence the short deadline. Thank you in advance for helping us show Talbot County some MCDC love!
Congrats to our new and returning State Committee Delegates for 2019-2023:
- Patricia Lassiter
- David Smith
- Carolyn Hugley
- Walter Nesbitt
- Juanita Booker
From left to right, 2nd Vice Chair Saundra Ellison, Treasurer Marjorie Jackson, 1st Vice Chair Darien Torbert, Chair Laura Walker, Corresponding Secretary Tammy Bailey, and Recording Secretary Pam Parker
We’re ready to go and hope you are too!
Dear Muscogee County Democrats,
My name is Laura Walker and I’m your new Committee Chair – nice to meet you! My fellow Executive Board leaders and I are really excited to get started on the work of our Committee which is to ELECT DEMOCRATS. So many of you joined us last fall and worked incredibly hard on our state elections and we just can’t let that energy and enthusiasm wane. We still have so much to do and we’re grateful that we have you working with us! Here’s what you can expect in the coming few weeks as we transition to new leadership:
- Your Executive Board met tonight to lay out priorities for the coming year and to define and refine the subcommittees that MCDC will need to move forward toward our goal of ELECTING DEMOCRATS!
- A Special Election will be held Wednesday, February 27, 6 pm, at the Columbus Public Library on Macon Rd. The election will be to choose Delegates to the State Democratic Party Committee. (We will not generally hold meetings on Wednesday nights but because of the end of the month deadline and lack of available meeting space we will this time.) A separate email will be sent regarding this election – please watch for it.
- Our first two general meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 5 and Tuesday, April 2, both at the Library. We’ll be aiming for monthly general meetings and quarterly Post Committee Meetings.
- Upcoming training opportunities will include information on Parliamentary Procedure and Post Committee Member Orientation.
THANK YOU for your patience and involvement as we work to lay the foundation of the MCDC moving forward! Our goal is to provide many opportunities for service, no matter how much time or energy you have to give. If we can have fun and build community at the same time? Well, that would just be peachy.
True Blue Regards,