Elections for the officers
of the Democratic Party of Georgia (DPG)
and the Congressional District Chairs
will occur on January 26, 2019, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
at the IBEW Auditorium in Atlanta!
You are invited to run for one of these positions!
OFFICES UP FOR ELECTION:
The State Committee will vote for the following offices and voting will take place in the order stated below:
- State Chair
- First Vice-Chair
- Congressional District/County Liaison Vice-Chair
- Constituency Group Vice-Chair
- Candidate Recruitment Vice-Chair
- State Secretary
- State Treasurer
Furthermore, diversity shall be present in the outcome of the election of Officers. The First-Vice Chair shall be of the opposite gender to the State Chair. Where a racial group constitutes 20% or more of the registered voters in the state and where the Chair or the First Vice-Chair are not of that race, one of the additional Vice-Chairs shall be of that race .
All officers will be elected by a majority of State Committee members present and all officers have terms of 4 years.
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CHAIR ELECTIONS: Congressional District Chair Elections will be held immediately following officer elections.
A Congressional District Chair is a member of the Executive Committee of the DPG, member of the State Party Affirmative Action Committee, and shall coordinate State Party affairs within the Congressional District and has responsibilities that he or she must fulfill.
CHAIR AND 1ST VICE-CHAIR FORUM: The DPG Disability Caucus will host a forum for candidates for all Chair and 1st Vice-Chair candidates via telephone conference call on Wednesday, January 23 at 7pm.
ALL Georgia Democrats are invited to participate and learn more about the people seeking to lead our Party for the next four years. The candidates will take questions from those people on the cal, as well as from the Moderator.To join the call dial 712-775-7031 and enter PIN 608190939.
For more information contact the Caucus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NON-STATE COMMITTEE MEMBERS INTENT TO RUN:
A non-member of the State Committee must submit an “Intent to Run,” a signed affidavit
, and the endorsement of no less than thirty State Committee Members. Click here
for for the “intent to Run” for a DPG Office and here
for an “Intent to Run” for a Congressional District Chair.
Signatures must be collected from the thirty State Committee Members (electronic submission, if a scanned original, is acceptable.) All three forms must be RECEIVED
by the DPG headquarters by 5:00 pm on January 15, 2019
. Forms can be sent, emailed, or delivered to the Executive and the Deputy Executive Director. Fax will not be accepted. To email your form, please sign and scan a copy of the form and send it to BOTH Rebecca DeHart at Rebecca@GeorgiaDemocrat.org
and to Chrystian Woods at Chrystian@GeorgiaDemocrat.org
. You may mail your form to the office at:
501 Pulliam St. SW
Atlanta, GA 30312
Dear Muscogee Democrats,
Are you interested in having a say on the future of the Democratic Party in Columbus? Do you believe that we’re ready for a new, more progressive direction for this city and for Georgia? You have an amazing opportunity to take charge of the future of the Muscogee County Democrats.
On Tuesday January 15 at 5:00pm at the Columbus Public Library Auditorium, in addition to our first general meeting of 2019, we are having our committee member elections for ALL DISTRICTS of Muscogee County.
I repeat: ALL DISTRICTS will be up for election: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, at-large 9, and at-large 10. We are expanding post seats from three to five seats for Districts 1-8, and from five to seven seats each for at-large Districts 9 and 10. This is a big event, and all Democrats who are registered voters in Columbus-Muscogee County are invited to attend and participate in this election, and run for our post committee.
- Promote development of Party organization and activities;
- Seek and encourage qualified candidates for public office;
- Support Democratic candidates;
- Perform election functions as required by law;
- Maintain appropriate records;
- Promote and add logistical support to the State Affirmative Action program;
- Raise funds for the above purposes;
- Perform other such duties as may be required by the State Committee;
- Change our Bylaws;
- Elect delegates to the State Committee and the State Convention
- You must bring verification of the City Council/School Board District in which you live.
- Bring proof of voter registration by bringing your voter registration card or print a copy from the Secretary of State My Voter Page.
- Directions below:
- Go to sos.ga.gov
- Click on “Elections” (third tab from left).
- Click on “Where Do I Vote (MVP)” (middle right).
- In MVP login box, enter the first initial, last name, county, and date of birth.
- At bottom, click print/email precinct card.
- Bring paper copy or show email to committee officers to register.
- For those without access to either, VoteBuilder will be set up for verification on the spot.
- We encourage you to bring your printed and signed copies of your Membership Application, Elector Qualifying Affidavit (to vote) and your Candidate Qualifying Affidavit (to stand as a candidate) to the event.
- District meetings will be take place from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Voting will take place at 6:45 p.m.
- A caucus chair will be appointed for each District. (Appointee cannot be a candidate for a Post seat.).
- Caucus District Chairs will collect the above forms (of individuals interested in serving on the Post Committee) for verification purposes.
- Voters residing in each district will vote for the post seats indicated in yellow in this spreadsheet.
- In a general meeting following the elections, each caucus chair will publicly announce the elected nominees from the district and confirm the election results. They will be subsequently published on social media and our website.
- All those who are elected will take office effective February 1.
Columbus Library – Auditorium
3000 Macon Road
Columbus, GA 31906
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
If you’re a registered Georgia voter, a resident of Columbus, a Democrat and interested in having a voice on how your county’s Democrats push the county forward, come join us!
Don’t delay in standing to have a voice at the table for Democratic politics in Muscogee County!