Interested in running for office as a Democrat? Want to advocate for Democratic values in elected office? Well, you’re at the right page! Here’s what we’re looking for in a Democratic candidate:
- Great candidates are involved, both in their communities and in the Democratic Process, and approach leadership with a servant’s heart.
- They know the issues and they know the community they desire to serve.
- They have demonstrated a commitment to others by volunteering for other Democratic candidates, volunteering for the Party, and by voting in Democratic Primaries.
- They embody Democratic values and principles in their day-to-day lives, and are not planning on running as a Democrat just because Democrats make up the majority of voters in the community they wish to serve.
- They may serve on the Muscogee County Democratic Post Committee.
Are you ready?
SO you fulfill the qualifications but you’re not sure who to go to for getting on the ballot? Great! Here’s what you can do:
If you, or someone you know, are planning on running for office as a Democrat in Muscogee County, it is highly recommended that you make contact with the Democratic Party in order to go over your plans. Our Chair, our Executive Director, or another party officer will be happy to assist you in evaluating your options and determining what resources may be available to you as you finalize your plans. We believe that running for office is at the heart of the American dream, and while the sacrifices a candidate must make on the campaign trail are many, they are far outweighed by the results of having good Democrats in office at every level of government.
We also recommend that you fill out this form with the Democratic Party of Georgia in order to receive more statewide support in your candidacy.
When you fill out the following forms, please return signed copies of these forms to the Muscogee County Elections and Registration Office during Qualifying Week:
- Qualification Week (DOC format)
- Qualifying Form (PDF format)
- QUALIFYING FEES (DOC)
- Declaration_of_Candidacy_County_Municipality (PDF)
In addition, please return affidavits for the specific office for which you’re running.