Spring has sprung and the
MCDC is ready to bloom!
Learn more about how to do the good work of the MCDC through our subcommittees and how our April meeting’s guest speaker will help us prepare for 2020 by reading below!
SUBCOMMITTEES: The real work of the Muscogee County Democrats happens at the subcommittee level. That’s where small groups take on specialized tasks to help the MCDC meet its goals of spreading Democratic principles and electing Democrats. This is where YOU are so important to moving Democrats forward here in Muscogee County! You can be a part of this work by signing up for a subcommittee. Please read the descriptions below and think about where your unique talents would be best utilized and where you would have the most fun! Grab a friend and sign up – you do NOT need to be a Post Committee member to join a subcommittee, all are welcome.
Sign up by emailing Recording Secretary Pam Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, WHICH SUBCOMMITTEE/S YOU’RE INTERESTED IN, AND WHETHER YOU’D LIKE TO BE IN THE LEADERSHIP TEAM FOR THAT SUBCOMMITTEE. Each subcommittee will need leaders, so if you’re interested in ensuring the efficiency and forward progress of your group, please consider being a leader!
- Bylaws Revision – periodically reviews MCDC Bylaws to ensure that they comply with Georgia and federal Democratic Bylaws; and responsible for periodically reviewing, at the direction of the Chair, operational policies, financial policies, fundraising policies, roles of Postholders, roles of the various other subcommittees, and community recognition activities.
- Financial Strategic Planning – develops and reviews financial policies to safeguard MCDC financial resources and provide accountability for the management and disbursement of such resources; also recommends a Budget Plan on an annual basis. Assists in monitoring line item expenses. Responsible for strategic financial planning to ensure that MCDC has the resources necessary for specific future requirements. Works with the Fundraising subcommittee.
- Fundraising – plans and oversees the execution of fundraising events and campaigns. Ensures a variety of fundraising activities so that no one event or campaign is responsible for all funding. Works with the Financial Strategic Planning and the Membership & Outreach subcommittees.
- Events & Education – recommends a slate of topics on which MCDC members may need more information, plans a timeline for appropriate dissemination, and organizes a calendar of meetings, events and activities on an annual basis. Responsible for planning and executing educational events.
- Membership & Outreach – contacts and engages Democrats and potential Democrats in various ways with the goals of encouraging membership and active participation in the MCDC and increasing positive attitudes in the community toward Muscogee County Democrats. Outreach activities can include but are not limited to implementation of a welcome program for new MCDC members, cooperation with like-minded local organizations, coordination of social media campaigns, organization of community volunteering activities, participation in local parades and festivals, design of slogans and graphics used in branding / marketing materials, or planning special events such as happy hours / socials / dinners / breakfasts to encourage relationship building. Works closely with the Communication subcommittee for publicity.
- Communications – keeps local Democrats and the general public informed of MCDC meetings, events, and activities through various means including traditional print media, radio announcements, websites, and social media platforms. Issues press releases at the direction of the Chair. Designs and writes the monthly newsletter. Works closely with the Corresponding Secretary and the Webmaster.
- Affirmative Action – ensures that MCDC Bylaws as well as MCDC policies, procedures and practices comply with Georgia and federal Democratic guidelines for diversity inclusiveness. Educates MCDC members on affirmative action best practices.
- Campaign & Candidate Support – coordinates the recruitment, screening, and training support of local and regional Democratic candidates for office, serves as a liaison between MCDC and Democratic candidates’ campaigns, leads the effort to establish a local campaign headquarters, and to select, train and schedule local volunteers who staff the headquarters during each campaign season.
Again, sign up by emailing Recording Secretary Pam Parker at email@example.com. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, WHICH SUBCOMMITTEE/S YOU’RE INTERESTED IN, AND WHETHER YOU’D LIKE TO BE IN THE LEADERSHIP TEAM FOR THAT SUBCOMMITTEE.
I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU – WE’RE GOING TO DO GREAT WORK AND HAVE A BLAST DOING IT!
Laura Walker, Chair