NOTICE: General Meeting and Post Committee Elections January 15
Dear Muscogee Democrats,
Are you interested in having a say on the future of the Democratic Party in Columbus? Do you believe that we’re ready for a new, more progressive direction for this city and for Georgia? You have an amazing opportunity to take charge of the future of the Muscogee County Democrats.
On Tuesday January 15 at 5:00pm at the Columbus Public Library Auditorium, in addition to our first general meeting of 2019, we are having our committee member elections for ALL DISTRICTS of Muscogee County.
I repeat: ALL DISTRICTS will be up for election: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, at-large 9, and at-large 10. We are expanding post seats from three to five seats for Districts 1-8, and from five to seven seats each for at-large Districts 9 and 10. This is a big event, and all Democrats who are registered voters in Columbus-Muscogee County are invited to attend and participate in this election, and run for our post committee.
- Promote development of Party organization and activities;
- Seek and encourage qualified candidates for public office;
- Support Democratic candidates;
- Perform election functions as required by law;
- Maintain appropriate records;
- Promote and add logistical support to the State Affirmative Action program;
- Raise funds for the above purposes;
- Perform other such duties as may be required by the State Committee;
- Change our Bylaws;
- Elect delegates to the State Committee and the State Convention
- You must bring verification of the City Council/School Board District in which you live.
- Bring proof of voter registration by bringing your voter registration card or print a copy from the Secretary of State My Voter Page.
- Directions below:
- Go to sos.ga.gov
- Click on “Elections” (third tab from left).
- Click on “Where Do I Vote (MVP)” (middle right).
- In MVP login box, enter the first initial, last name, county, and date of birth.
- At bottom, click print/email precinct card.
- Bring paper copy or show email to committee officers to register.
- For those without access to either, VoteBuilder will be set up for verification on the spot.
- We encourage you to bring your printed and signed copies of your Membership Application, Elector Qualifying Affidavit (to vote) and your Candidate Qualifying Affidavit (to stand as a candidate) to the event.
- District meetings will be take place from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Voting will take place at 6:45 p.m.
- A caucus chair will be appointed for each District. (Appointee cannot be a candidate for a Post seat.).
- Caucus District Chairs will collect the above forms (of individuals interested in serving on the Post Committee) for verification purposes.
- Voters residing in each district will vote for the post seats indicated in yellow in this spreadsheet.
- In a general meeting following the elections, each caucus chair will publicly announce the elected nominees from the district and confirm the election results. They will be subsequently published on social media and our website.
- All those who are elected will take office effective February 1.
Columbus Library – Auditorium
3000 Macon Road
Columbus, GA 31906
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
If you’re a registered Georgia voter, a resident of Columbus, a Democrat and interested in having a voice on how your county’s Democrats push the county forward, come join us!
Don’t delay in standing to have a voice at the table for Democratic politics in Muscogee County!