January 29, 2018
Meeting called to order by MCDC Chair, Saundra Ellison at 6pm
Motion to accept Treasurer report by Dana Zajac
Correspondence – Information generated via email and on website
November 27, 2018 minutes – name corrections: Rusty Oliver and Val Almonord. Treasurer’s report
David Smith moved to accept November 27, 2018 minutes with corrections and Lassiter seconded.
Dana Zajac moved to accept the Election meeting minutes of December 19, 2017 and seconded by David Smith. Motion carried.
State Committees: Please note Juanita Booker and Ella Lewis were elected to serve on the State Committee.
Parliamentarian: John Van Doorn, chair, By-Laws Committee
- One representative from each of the 10 Districts
- Meeting with the next two weeks
- Revise every three years
- Recommend looking for a date that is good for all
- Election requirements
- Create Bylaws update form
Strategic Plan: John Land, Chair, Planning Committee
- 2018 Calendar completion
- Working on 2018-2019
- Recommend updating Strategic Plan-mission statement, strategies for reaching goals through the strategic plan.
Public Relations and Communications: Carlo Newroth, Chair
- Co-Chair, Dana Zajac is relocating
- Question: Publishing MCDC minutes online
- Paypal option to help with fundraising by implementing levels of giving
- Voter registration information @5:30 PM to be held on February 5th at the DLDF House.
LOCAL FUNDRAISING GALA: Fundraising Committee
Floor Discussion of non-partisan parties. John Land, Dominick Perkins, Teddy Reese
Adrian Chester recommended a resolution engaging person from the 3rd Congressional district. Refer to New Business
- Vacancy in Districts 2 and 6
- Discussion about the Caucus and procedures.
- Election of odd districts latter part of May-June 2018. Meeting dates placed on the website
- RESOLUTION: John Land moved to recommend that Val A. Chair the Outreach committee to contact those who are in the 3rd Congressional district but live in Muscogee County. Motion seconded by Val A. Motion carried.
- Membership application to renew January – December
- Revision of application
- VoteBuilder – proceed to online membership
Stacey Abrams, Speaker March 5th at the Rosa Parks Breakfast
- Dana Zajac moved to purchase a full-page ad in Rosa Parks Breakfast souvenir book for #300. Seconded by John Land. Motion carried.
- Saturday, February 17, 2018: MCDC Orientation at 10AM
Adrian Chester moved to adjourn meeting and seconded by Val A.
Meeting adjourned at 7:43pm
Next Executive Committee – February 19, 2018
Saundra Ellison, Chair MCDC
Mattie Hall, Secretary